2022 Main Hunt Dates
Thursday October 20 – Saturday October 22, 2022
Thursday October 27 – Saturday October 29, 2022
Thursday November 3 – Saturday November 5, 2022
2022 Clean Up Hunt Dates
Thursday November 10 – Saturday November 12, 2022
Thursday November 17 – Saturday November 19, 2022
Thursday November 24 – Saturday November 26, 2022
2022 Pheasant Hunt Sale Period
Main Hunt Licences will be on sale December 20th, 2021 until April 1st, 2022
Clean Up Licences will be on sale December 20th, 2021 until November 26, 2022
2022 Pricing and Fees
|Time||Main Hunts||Cleanup Hunts|
|8am – 5pm Thursday to Saturday||$282.50||$141.25|
|Licence Transfer within 2022||$28.25|
How to Transfer a Licence
Sales for 2022 Pheasant Licences are FINAL there will be NO refunds or transfers outside of 2022 hunts. However, transfers can be made within 2022 between hunts, as well as between hunters.
Steps to Transfer a Licence
- Licence transfers MUST be done prior to the start of the applicable hunt (i.e. Transfers for Main Hunt 1 must be made before 8am on October 20th, Clean Up Hunt 1 before 8am on November 10th, etc.)
- Original Licence(s) MUST be returned to the municipal office BEFORE 8am on the Thursday of the applicable hunt
- Transfer fee of $28.25 MUST be paid before a new licence is issued
Additional Information for Transfers
- Transfers can be made between hunters and/or between hunts at any time BEFORE the start of the applicable hunt
- Once a hunt has started, there are no transfer options available
- Transfers are preferred to be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org but can also be done over the phone 519-724-2931 or in person at the municipal office
Pheasant Hunt Package
Mentor an Apprentice Hunter – Receive 10% Off!
We offer an incentive to any hunter who mentors an apprentice hunter during a main pheasant hunt. Mentors will receive 10% off the cost of their licence to help encourage a younger generation of hunters. This option is only available to Ontario Residents.
Reservations for the ferry can booked online at ontarioferries.com or by calling 1-800-661-2220 or 519-724-2115.
Bookings are not yet available for the 2022 season. Additional ferry information can also be found at ontarioferries.com
Obtaining Ontario Small Game & Ontario Outdoors Cards
Ontario Small Game Licenses and Ontario Outdoor Cards can now be renewed or purchased ONLINE at Hunt and Fish Ontario, as well as on the island at the municipal office (CASH ONLY) and at many other locations throughout the province of Ontario.
- Non-Residents of Ontario must present ID & one original piece of the following documentation to obtain a Non-Resident Small Games License and Outdoors Card to hunt in Ontario:
- A current Non-Resident Outdoors Card issued by Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources;
- An Ontario Non-Resident’s hunting license issued to you after January 1, 1968;
- A hunting license issued to you by a competent authority in any jurisdiction as a resident of that jurisdiction after January 1, 1968;
Without this proof, you will NOT be able to purchase the Non-Resident Outdoors Card and Small Games License and therefore will not be able to hunt. If unsure of what proof to bring please call: 1-800-387-7011.
For information regarding regulations and by-laws unique to Pelee, please attend the Hunter Information Session on the Wednesday prior to the hunt or view “Hunter Info Session” video.
All hunters must have a Province of Ontario Small Game Hunting License, Ontario Outdoors Card and a municipal licence.
If you are in possession of a gun for the purpose of hunting in Ontario, you are required to carry proof of your firearms accreditation under the Firearms Act (Canada) – this includes apprentice hunters (residents 12-14 years old) who cannot yet obtain a firearms licence. – Ontario Hunting Regulations
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your entry into Canada please call or visit Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) at 1-800-461-9999. Please check to avoid disappointment.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Office, Pelee Island:
1058 West Shore Rd
Pelee Island, ON, N0R 1M0
Automated CBSA Information Service:
Toll Free (in Canada): 1-800-461-9999
Long Distance: 1-204-983-3500 or