SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seasonal Equipment Operator – Snowplow/Grader Equipment
The Corporation of the Township of Pelee is seeking resumes for a Seasonal Equipment Operator.
- Responsible to the Roads Manager, or designate, for performing winter maintenance of the municipality’s roads and related transportation infrastructure.
- This position requires the operator to use winter control equipment, perform documentation of activities and to work independently under the direction of supervisory staff.
- This position may have an overtime component and the incumbent will be required to be available for all winter weather events.
- The operator may also assist in general road maintenance and other occasional maintenance to transportation infrastructure as required.
- The successful candidate will possess the ability to operate winter maintenance equipment, assist with snow removal and provide support as required.
- The responsibilities noted above generally describe the requirements for the position however the incumbent must be prepared to conduct other job duties as requested by the supervisor.
- This is a seasonal, casual position.
- G license in good standing with the Ministry of Transportation
- DZ license
- Experience operating heavy equipment
Resumes must be received by 5:00 PM – Wednesday, November 25, 2020 and addressed to:
Chief Administrative Officer and Clerk
1045 West Shore Road
Pelee Island, Ontario