The Waste Transfer Station is located at 1413 McCormick Road and operates during the following hours, as of Monday April 17, 2017:
*Please note the first day of Service is Easter Monday, the Transfer Station will be operating on the Holiday Monday Schedule.
Bag Tags: $2.50/per bag
Bulk Loads: (Construction and Demolition Waste)
- fifty($50.00) dollars for a full, level standard equipment pickup truck box
- twenty five ($25.00) dollars for a ½ full standard equipment pickup truck box
- all other sized containers shall be charged at a rate of thirty ($30.00) dollars per cubic yard.
- $50.00 per unit for appliances that once contained, or do contain Freon that have not been certified and tagged saying Freon has been removed.
- $25.00 per unit if the unit is certified of having the Freon removed and or has never contained Freon.
- Vehicles will be charged $100.00 – tires and all fluids must be removed.
*Please Note: when depositing recyclables, please remove all lids off of containers prior to disposal.
Notice Regarding Disposal of Household Waste
Please note that the public garbage bins placed around the Island are NOT for disposal of household waste. Please purchase garbage bag tags at the Transfer Station, the Township Office, the East Park Campground or the Marina and properly dispose of your household waste during the set Transfer Station hours. This situation is being monitored and fines can be levied up to $2000 for incorrect disposal, as per By-Law 2011-34.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.