THE TOWNSHIP OF PELEE IS NOW HIRING
POSITION TITLE: Marina Crew (2)
REPORTING TO: Marina Operations and Administrative Leads
LOCATION: Pelee Island, ON (Successful applicants will be required to secure accommodations on the island. Housing is not provided.)
Marina crew will have a wide range of responsibilities, and will be in constant contact with the public. Successful applicants will be energetic and possess strong customer service skills. Possession of a Pleasure Craft Operator Card and previous experience in guest service/marina environment and/or knowledge of marine terminology and equipment is considered an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As directed by the Marina Leads:
- Able to perform physical work including moving up to 50 pounds, managing lines and deck equipment;
- Assist with building and grounds maintenance, including landscaping, painting, and janitorial duties;
- Complete and balance daily cash transactions;
- Assist in taking reservations for dockage and the physical dockage of incoming vessels;
- Fuel boats;
- Assist in stocking and organizing inventory;
- Operate marine band radio;
- Possess appropriate organizational skills;
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with the public and assist incoming tourists with information on the Island; and
- Assist in any other tasks assigned by the Marina Manager, other Municipal Managers or special tasks assigned by the Clerk.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Positions are full time and start date is June 1st, 2019 (flexible).
Résumés will be accepted until April 30th, 2019.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward cover letter, résumé to email@example.com or submit your application below.